Cliff has been advising philanthropic organizations for more than twenty five years. He counsels the firm’s nonprofit clients through every stage of the corporate life cycle, from incorporating and obtaining tax-exemption, to key corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, major asset transfers, and dissolution.
He provides legal advice and practical solutions to public charities, private foundations and individual philanthropists on a wide range of issues including:
- Nonprofit formation and federal tax exemption
- Real estate transactions and disposition
- Complex tax issues, including nonprofit/for-profit transactions and revenue sharing
- Protection of charitable assets through endowments, subsidiaries, trusts and other supporting organizations
- Protection of the charity’s interest in the execution of estates, bequests and other gifts
- Safeguarding of public reputation
- Intellectual property and trademarking
- Board governance and liability issues
- Provided advisement in response to adverse publicity for numerous celebrity clients in respect to philanthropic endeavors
- Investigated theft of $4 million in charity’s assets and assisted authorities in obtaining conviction against former charity directors and current board member
- Successfully shepherded the dissolution of NYANA in 2008, a charity supporting Jewish refugees for more than sixty years, managing to maintain and transition program operations through the process
- Assisted churches and synagogues in the establishment of an endowment for the long-term protection of their assets through a gift agreement
- Professional & Nonprofit Affiliations
- New York City Bar Association, Exempt Organizations Committee, member
- International Peace Institute, board member
- SAY Theater Company, board member
- American Chai Trust, board member
City University of New York, School of Law, J.D.
University of Wisconsin/Madison, B. A.
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District and the Southern District
U.S. Supreme Court
Clifford PERLMAN Lawyer New York,Ny phone Number, contact, address 41 Madison Ave Fl 40Th New York Zip: 10010 Zip Plus Four: 2202 United States- New York
Mesothelioma law firms have experience helping asbestos victims and their loved ones obtain the compensation they deserve for asbestos injuries sustained as a result of negligent asbestos companies. Lawyers at these firms fully understand all of the compensation options available to mesothelioma patients and their loved ones.
New York,Ny Personal Injury Lawyer, New York,Ny Estate Planning Lawyer, New York,Ny Bankruptcy Lawyer, New York,Ny Employment Lawyer, New York,Ny Corporate Lawyer, New York,Ny Immigration Lawyer, New York,Ny Criminal Lawyer, New York,Ny Tax Lawyer, New York,Ny Family Lawyer, New York,Ny Workers Compensation Lawyer, New York,Ny Contract Lawyer, New York,Ny Social Security Disability Lawyer, New York,Ny Civil Litigation Lawyer, New York,Ny General Practice Lawyer, Mesothelioma Law Firms New York,Ny, New York,Ny Attorneys