Enemy At The Gates Movie 2001
A Russian and a German sniper play a game of cat-and-mouse during the Battle of Stalingrad.
- Who plays the German sniper in Enemy at the Gates?
A fictionalized account of the duel in the film Enemy at the Gates portrays Erwin König—played by Ed Harris—as the head of the Wehrmacht Sniper School. He is sent to Stalingrad to take on the increasingly aggressive Soviet snipers.
- Is the movie Enemy at the Gates historically accurate?
The movie Enemy at the Gates, directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud and starring Jude Law, Ed Harris, Rachel Weisz and Joseph Fiennes is a fictionalized account of the true story of Vasilii Zaitsev, a Soviet sniper who won fame during the battle of Stalingrad.
- Is Enemy at the Gates real?
Historical accuracy - The film uses events from William Craig's 1973 nonfiction book Enemy at the Gates: The Battle for Stalingrad, but it is not a direct adaptation. The book claims that Zaitsev fought his sniper duel over a number of days through the ruins of the city.
- What is Stalingrad called now?
Stalingrad. On April 10, 1925, the city was renamed Stalingrad, in honour of Joseph Stalin, General Secretary of the Communist Party. ... A year later, the Stalingrad Industrial Pedagogical Institute, now Volgograd State Pedagogical University, was opened.
- Director: Jean-Jacques Annaud
- Writers: Jean-Jacques Annaud, Alain Godard
- Stars: Jude Law, Ed Harris, Joseph Fiennes